Friday, February 3, 2012

The Edit Monster!

I spend a lot of time editing. Editing podcasts and editing the first draft of my manuscript. These are both very different kinds of editing, but editing nonetheless. For podcasts I used to call myself the edit monkey. Mainly because it got to the point where it felt like a task a trained monkey could do. So naturally when I started editing my novel I said the same thing.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

The edit monkey has transformed into a full blown edit monster! Once I start, I can't stop myself. Even if I'm not editing my manuscript, I want to edit everything in sight, including bad grammar, spelling and typos on twitter, friends facebook posts and anywhere else I look. My mind has become hypersensitive to things that need to be edited! Its become a sickness. I've physically had to stop myself from replying to posts on facebook to correct grammar or retweeting twitter posts without typos! And don't even get me started on people's bad grammar when having a conversation. YIKES!

The edit monster has hijacked my life! I will try my best to refrain from correcting other's posts, tweets, work etc. Hopefully the edit monster will crawl back into his dirty little cave soon. But not too soon I still have a book to edit ;)

*image from http://writingspectacle.blogspot.com/2011/11/using-editminion-to-your-advantage.html

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Feel free to edit my emails, any tyme! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I shall refrain from doing so. I have some self control.... but its quickly disappearing :P

    ReplyDelete