Saturday, October 12, 2013

Awesome News!

So I have some pretty freaking awesome news. But before I get to that, a little story.

Back in Summer 2012, I wrote a fun little short story about my family and our crazy Passover Seder antics. I mostly wrote it because I was experimenting with nonfiction writing. When I finished it, I figured it would be a good thing to read for the St. Louis Writer's Guild open mic night. Despite thinking I'm the least funny person on the planet, people were laughing when I read the story. Needless to say I was shocked.

At the end of the night, Linda O'Connell who is seriously one amazing woman and one of the best nonfiction writers I know, approached me. She said my story was hilarious and that I should submit it for consideration in a book called Not Your Mother's Book... On Family (think Chicken Soup for the Soul with humor.) And when a co-creator of a book tells you to do something, you do it. So I submitted my story then promptly forgot about it until a couple of months ago when I received an email saying I'd get to work with the lovely Linda O'Connell to get my story ready for publication. It wasn't a guarantee that it would get published but definitely a step in the right direction.

After some polishing, I sent it off and tried to forget about whether or not my story might make it into the book. And it wasn't easy.

Well, tonight I'm excited to say that my story "Seder Insanity" is officially going to be published in Not Your Mother's Book... On Family releasing in March 2014!!!!!


In the mean time be sure to check out their other amazing books. For more information go to http://publishingsyndicate.com/

SQUEE! **FAINTS**

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the shout out. I recognize great writing, and knew this story would be perfect for the tone of our book. So excited. March release, so prepare to participate in an "author's book signing" somewherein town. Details later as launch day approaches. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! and Thanks so much for all that you do! I look forward to a book signing after the release! So exciting :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats!!! I love funny stuff(and what an be funnier than family?), so I'll be sure to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY :D I totally skipped over the story to get to THE NEWS because I am impatient like that, but congrats. What a super-fun book this sounds like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! And I'll forgive you for skipping to the end cause I totally do the same thing sometimes, then I go back and read the story :)

      Delete
  6. Woooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

      Delete
  7. You had me at "crazy Passover antics." I can't wait to read the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes holidays are always fun with the family! Thanks for your support :)

      Delete